Traditional Thai Massage
Meditation in motion
The Traditional Thai Massage is a unique healing system that has its origins in India, Ayurveda and Yoga.
A session will incorporate the manipulation of energy lines, gentle stretches and assisted Yoga Asanas.
Together these actions result in a comprehensive full-body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically.
The massage is traditionally performed on a mat on the floor wearing comfortable clothing.
The deep relaxation induced by the Thai Massage will allow each individual to enter a meditative space creating a wholeness of mind, body and spirit.
COURSE AIMS AND STRUCTURE.
• This course is structured in practical lessons where you will learn a massage sequence that will allow you to give an hour and a half treatment with total confidence and joy.
• The small groups and practical nature of the course will facilitate your learning and will help assimilate every concept without effort.
• This course is open to everyone, weather you are an experience masseuse or therapist looking for new skills in your practice or a complete beginner exploring massage for professional or personal purposes.
• Thai Massage is practiced on the floor in a confortable surface, and there is no need for special equipment, although it´s possible to incorporate the techniques into the couch alongside any other manual therapy.
• Traditionally there is no use of oil and the receiver is dressed in light confortable clothes.
• This unique bodywork is suitable for any age and physical condition.
• The nature of this massage makes it one of the most versatile and exciting forms of bodywork available.
• Origen of Thai Massage
• Ayurvedic principles related to TM: Five Elements and Doshas
• Understanding and working the Sen Lines
• More than 180 manipulations in four different positions: supine, prone, lateral, sitting.
• Working on posture, breathing and the importance of listening with your hands.
• Establishing a therapeutic relationship.
• Application of Thai Massage on specific disorders.